Monday, January 12, 2015

SO Pinspired

I generally like to pick out my outfits for the work week on Sundays. I try everything on to be certain they fit and look good together, I'll iron everything and hang them back in my closet.  When I'm feeling super obsessive compulsive, I figure out the weather for the week and sort the outfits according to the weather for each day of the week.

On the occasions when Sundays don't provide the luxury of picking my clothes out in advance, mornings can get pretty rough.  There are some mornings I wake up and as it turns out I'm not quite as into an outfit as when I first put it together.  I stand in the closet and stare around as if an outfit will just magically jump off the shelf.  Then the real troubles begin.  Items get pulled off hangers, tried on and tossed aside which creates a huge mess. 

Since I don't believe in magic, every now and again I go to my Pinterest boards for a little Pinspiration.  If you've ever used the site you know its sort of magical in its own way.  I mean you can find EVERYTHING on Pinterest.  Type an item and up pops a ga-gillion ways to style it.  My favorite search is on Polka-dots!  Try it out you can find Polka-dot everything!

Last week I hit my boards for a few Pinspired looks and came up with these looks to recreate.  I recreated these looks with mostly thrifted finds but I also have some pieces I picked up retail (discounted retail).  I try never to pay more than $20 for any retail find, although shoes are an exception to that guideline.

My thrifted items include:
Yellow Merona cardigan
Blue Pinstripe Old Navy Skirt
Black Manolo Blahnik heels
Burgundy DKNY corduroys
Vintage Blouse - No Name

I think I came pretty close to recreating these looks with items already sitting in my closet.  How did I do?  How do you get inspiration for your outfits?

                   @~~~~~I'mSoRosie
                         Stay Rosy Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment