Friday, September 4, 2015

So, Does Karma Exist?

A few months back I was shopping at one of my fave thrift stores.  Everything is $2 or less!  I know right!!! Sweet!

Anyways, I found an amazing denim jacket.  I'm in the mirror  trying it on: it's a little snug but still cute.  There's a fellow thrifter who appears to specifically be in search of a denim jacket.  I saw her and her friends trying on and offering up alternatives.  She sees the jacket I'm trying on and  remarks how nice it is and continues on with her search. 

I personally can attest to the heartbreak of seeing someone trying on and buying something you need and love.  I just wanted to kick myself that one time I missed out on a beautiful royal blue  Michael Kors shirt.  I was just in that aisle...ugghhh the heartbreak.  But I figured it was meant for her.

So, knowing this pain all too well, I offered the jacket to the thrifty patron and sent a silent wish to the thrift karma gods to help me find my much sought after polkadot pencil skirt.

Months later... I'm still on the hunt.  I've come across lots of polkadot skirts, a few of them pencil skirts, but never my size.  On one occasion, just when I thought I had finally lucked up; I spotted a black and tan polkadot pencil skirt in the distance and my heart skipped a beat.  Boo...it was a size 2.  Further down the aisle, wouldn't you know it, the same exact skirt.  I say a silent Thank You because the world wouldn't be so cruel as to offer two of the exact skirts and neither one be my size. 
Well I'm living proof that's it's a cruel, cruel world out here.  I'll be doggone if that skirt wasn't  a size 16. 

What happened to Karma??  I guess she's somewhere enjoying MY denim jacket.

Oh well...the search continues!


                                                       I'm  ~~~~~~~@ SoRosie
                                                              Stay Rosy Y'all


P.S.  If you find a polka dot pencil skirt during your thrifting adventures please scoop it up for me.  Please and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment